Thai Cooking Class on Oct.22nd
I grew up in the family that was passionate about Thai culture and Thai cuisine. But I took it for granted growing up, because I was raised in Bangkok, where food is absolutely everywhere.
But after I graduated from university, I started living abroad. I had to practice cooking Thai food because it was no longer available on every street corner! And since then I’ve had the chance to cook and experience Thai cuisine using local ingredients too.
Now, in South Florida I can pretty much get all the real ingredients since the weather here allows Thai grocery owners to grow the same herbs and vegetables. But I think it’s fun and interesting to experiment with the classics!
And I love to share Thai culture and my love of Thai food! So come and join in the fun and food on Oct 22nd!
- Thai Tea
- Larb – is a type of meat salad, made with ground pork, chicken or duck and favored with fish sauce, lime juice, fresh herbs. Served with fresh veggies.
- Som Tam – fresh green papaya salad with carrots, tomatoes, green beans, garlic seasoned with lime juice, fish sauce and chili. Served with fresh veggies
- Sticky Rice – eat with Larb and Somtam
- Green Curry Shrimp with coconut milk, chili paste, fresh shrimp, thai eggplant, basil. Served with rice or noodles
- Drunken Noodles or Pad Kee Mao made with rice noodles, pork, shrimp, veggies, garlic and seasonings
- Thai Donuts dipping w/condense milk and ground peanuts
Class length: Approx. 2 1/2 hrs
Can’t wait to meet you all and come hungry!!! See details >>