Patti’s Satay Mini-Burgers
Prep time: 30 mins | 6 servings
Satay Peanut Sauce:
- 5 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp panang curry paste
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 6 small eggs (optional)
- A few large pieces of lettuce
- 6 dinner rolls
- 1 tbsp butter spread / margarine
Satay Pork Burgers:
- 200 g ground pork
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
1. Put all satay pork burger ingredients into a large bowl
2. Mix all burger ingredients well and marinade in the fridge for 10-15 minutes so the meat will get soft and juicy.
3. Add 1 tsp cooking oil to the frying pan then add Panang Curry paste. Fry over low-medium heat until fragrant.
4. Add coconut cream little by little, allowing it blend well with curry paste. Keep adding the paste and stirring.
5. Season the satay sauce with palm sugar and tamarind juice. Add peanut butter at the end to give it a super peanutty flavor.
6. Heat another frying pan, add 1/2 tbsp cooking oil and make sunny side up eggs.
Cut dinner rolls in half and spread butter on them, then brown them in the pan.
7. Take the burger meat out of the fridge, make six perfectly sized mini burgers. Roll into balls about 2″ diameter each, then press with your palms to flatten.
8. Add 1/2 tbsp cooking oil to the pan and grill all mini pork burgers until brown. When you turn them, brush with a little coconut cream to keep them juicy. You can cook them on the grill or broiler if you like.
9. Place cooked mini pork burgers on buns, add Satay Sauce.
10. Top with sunny side up egg, a slice of tomato and a bit of lettuce. Ready to serve! Perfect on a hot summer grilling day with some ice cold Singha beer!