Monthly Archives: February 2012
Terrific Thai Cooking Class in Miami Beach – here’s a shot of our red curry with beef!
Last week we returned to Miami Beach for another Thai cooking class. All hungers were satisfied as we cooked up batches of green and red curries, ginger chicken, tom yum goong, and Thai iced tea to wash it all down with.
If you’re looking for a private cooking class, contact me and let me know what kind of menu you’d like to learn. Be sure to be hungry when I arrive too, as we don’t take any food home!
Today I made the classic dish “Pla Tod Nam Pla”, ปลาทอดนํ้าปลา – it’s a fried fish with fish sauce. It’s very simple to make and tastes delicious. I’m so satisfied.
How easy is this recipe?
1. Heat the pan and add 2 cups of vegetable oil.
2. Put flour in the bag and season the flour with white pepper.
3. Lightly coat the fish with flour and shake off the excess flour.
4. Pan fry until golden brown, then remove to the plate.
5. Mix 1 tablespoon of fish sauce with a pinch of sugar and 1 tablespoon of leftover oil from frying the fish. Then pour it over the fried fish and serve with rice!