Category Archives: Thai Cooking Class
Due to high demand the first Thai cooking class sold out right away. As the waiting list formed, we decided to add another Thai cooking class on Saturday, Nov. 6th at 5pm with Chef Jorge & Vanessa Montes . The signup is here: homemade chefs.
We’re going to use the same menu, to give others a chance to get the same dishes. Early next year we’ll probably start a second menu, to give people a chance to learn different dishes. The upcoming classes are featuring these foods:
- Larb – ground pork salad seasoned with lime juice, fish sauce, roasted rice powder
- Thai Tea
- Fresh green papaya salad (Som Tam) with sticky rice, popular throughout Thailand
- Green Curry with coconut milk. You can eat with white rice or Kanom Jeen
(round rice noodles)
- Pad Kee Mao (Drunken noodles). “Pad” means “stir-fry” and “Kee Mao” means “drunkard”- made with chicken, garlic, fresh thai chili and basil.
- Thai Donuts dipping w/condensed milk and ground peanuts.
The class length is approximately 2 and 1/2 hrs, as we really dig in and make some great food. Oh yea, we’ll be eating all our creations!
The class is filling up fast, so signup if you want to attend. Let’s do it now!!!
I grew up in the family that was passionate about Thai culture and Thai cuisine. But I took it for granted growing up, because I was raised in Bangkok, where food is absolutely everywhere.
But after I graduated from university, I started living abroad. I had to practice cooking Thai food because it was no longer available on every street corner! And since then I’ve had the chance to cook and experience Thai cuisine using local ingredients too.
Now, in South Florida I can pretty much get all the real ingredients since the weather here allows Thai grocery owners to grow the same herbs and vegetables. But I think it’s fun and interesting to experiment with the classics!
And I love to share Thai culture and my love of Thai food! So come and join in the fun and food on Oct 22nd!
- Thai Tea
- Larb – is a type of meat salad, made with ground pork, chicken or duck and favored with fish sauce, lime juice, fresh herbs. Served with fresh veggies.
- Som Tam – fresh green papaya salad with carrots, tomatoes, green beans, garlic seasoned with lime juice, fish sauce and chili. Served with fresh veggies
- Sticky Rice – eat with Larb and Somtam
- Green Curry Shrimp with coconut milk, chili paste, fresh shrimp, thai eggplant, basil. Served with rice or noodles
- Drunken Noodles or Pad Kee Mao made with rice noodles, pork, shrimp, veggies, garlic and seasonings
- Thai Donuts dipping w/condense milk and ground peanuts
Class length: Approx. 2 1/2 hrs
Can’t wait to meet you all and come hungry!!! See details >>