Tag Archives: Thai Delight
Let’s celebrate the holidays Thai style, with special menus, from Thai Delight restaurant!
Thai food Selection Special Menus:
- Kantok style dinner: น้ำพริกอ่อง ไก่ทอด ข้าวเหนียวNamprik Ong w/veggies, Fried chicken and sticky rice $14.95 (must pre-order)
- Namprik Ong น้ำพริกอ่อง is minced pork w/ Chiang Mai tomatoes dipping sauce with some veggies
- Fried Chicken ไก่ทอด is marinated with thai spices
- Chicken basil with egg – $12.95 ผัดกระเพราะไก่สับ ไข่ดาว
- Authentic Thai style with ground chicken and sunny side up egg
- Spicy Seafood fried rice – $19.95 (house specialty) ผัดโป๊ะแตก
- Spicy fried rice in basil sauce with variety of seafood…so yummy ♥
- Thai Green Curry Shrimp w/ Thai eggplants – $16.95 แกงเขียวหวานกุ้ง
- The real Thai green curry with Thai eggplants served with fresh Thai basil leaves
- Complimentary surprise from Thai Delight…
Kantoke style dinner is the traditional dinner in Northern Thailand. Usually eaten sitting around a small round table, it typically includes sticky rice, fried chicken, some easy veggies. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to try Namprik Ong, which is rarely seen outside of Northern Thailand.
We recently had a special lunch meeting with our good friends Christine, from SouthFloridaFoodandWine.com, and Chef Tulio, executive chef at Andrews of Boca Raton. We ate at the Thai Delight restaurant located in the strip mall on the NW corner of Hillsboro and Military Trail.
Since I’ve lived in South Florida, I have been going to this restaurant from time to time. They have been in business for more than a decade. It’s a family-owned and operated restaurant, run by a well educated couple who were teachers in a famous private school in Bangkok.
I like eating curries there because they have a strong herb flavor and authentic taste. You can’t imagine the delicious meal the four of us enjoyed 🙂
Here’s the menu:
Satay – grilled chicken served with fresh peanut and cucumber sauce.
Shrimp in Blanket – Deep fried shrimp spring rolls stuffed with chicken, cliantro and garlic served with plum sauce.
Curry Puff – Ground chicken, onions and curry powder wrapped in spring roll wrappers
Thai Steamed Dumpling – stuffed with shrimp, chicken, water chestnuts, shiitake mushroom, scallion, served with special sauce or sri racha sauce
Green Curry Shrimp – Shrimp, bamboo shoots, bell pepper, fresh basil leaves in green curry served over rice.
Pad Kee Mao – Stir fried noodled with chicken, basil sauce and fresh basil leaves. Thai spicy dishes are perfect compatible with Thai Singha Beer!
Fish Ginger – Steamed fish with fresh sliced ginger, celery, carrot
We got a sweet treat from Thai Delight for dessert. It was that Thai standard – homemade mango with sticky rice. A really nice touch was that I could smell the fragrance of jasmine water in the sticky rice. It makes remind of sweet sticky rice I used to eat in Chonburi, my mom’s hometown 🙂